Fall is here and that means it’s time to start layering up! The early fall season can be tricky as it’s not quite cold enough for heavy jackets, but you still want to keep cozy and stylish. Tweed and plaid blazers are a popular way to pull together an early fall look with a classic touch.
As the weather transitions, it’s time to start thinking about updating your wardrobe with stylish layers. Layering not only adds dimension to your outfit but also allows you to easily adjust to changing temperatures throughout the day. However, it’s important to keep in mind the fit and balance of each layer to avoid looking bulky or unbalanced.
Tips for Styling Plaid Blazers
If you’re looking to add a touch of sophistication to your early fall style, then plaid blazers are a great option.
Here are some ways to achieve different layered looks with plaid:
- Begin with the right fit: Blazers come in different fits, so choose one that complements your body shape. A slim-fit blazer can create a sleek, modern look, while a relaxed-fit one can offer a more casual vibe.
- Layer properly: Since early fall is still relatively warm, you can layer plaid blazers with lightweight pieces like a button-down shirt, a cardigan, or a sweater vest. Just make sure to keep the layers fitted to avoid bulkiness.
- Accessorize appropriately: Plaid blazers can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. Pair it with a tie and dress pants for a formal event or wear it with jeans and sneakers for a more casual look. You can also add a pocket square or a statement watch for some extra flair.
With these styling tips, you’re now ready to pull off the perfect early fall look with your plaid blazer. Remember to be creative and don’t be afraid to experiment with your outfit.
Maintaining a Slim Profile in Layers
While layering can add depth and dimension to any outfit, it’s important to remember that too much bulk can quickly ruin a polished look.
To help you look sleek and streamlined while wearing layers in early fall:
- Choose well-fitting pieces: When selecting the items you’re going to layer, make sure they fit well. Choose items that fit close to the body, like fitted tees and thin sweaters, rather than oversized items that add unnecessary bulk.
- Invest in tailoring: A well-tailored jacket or coat will instantly streamline your profile, even if you’re wearing multiple layers underneath.
- Consider thinner fabrics: Opt for lighter-weight fabrics like merino wool or cashmere, for a polished, put-together look.
- Opt for Darker Colors: Darker colors have a slimming effect, so choose clothes in black, navy, charcoal gray, or other darker shades. This can help to visually trim your silhouette and create a more streamlined look.
The goal is to look stylish and put-together, not like you’re wearing all of your clothes at once. With a little strategy and attention to fit, you can easily maintain a slim profile while layering for early fall.
Complementing Patterns to Pair With Plaid Blazers
Now that we’ve covered the basics of layering and how to style a plaid blazer, it’s time to talk about patterns that will pair perfectly with this classic piece. Adding a pop of pattern can take your outfit from ordinary to outstanding.
Some patterns to consider when layering with a plaid blaze are:
- Stripes: A classic pairing with plaid, stripes can be worn in a variety of ways. Whether you opt for a striped shirt, scarf, or socks, stripes will add a touch of playfulness to your outfit.
- Checks: Yes, you can wear checks with plaid! Just be sure to choose a smaller check pattern so it doesn’t clash with your blazer. This pairing can create a fun, unexpected look.
- Corduroy or Tweed: while not technically a pattern, adding texture can complement the intricate pattern of the plaid. Plus, these materials add an extra layer of dimension to your outfit. When choosing the texture, be sure to keep the colors and scale in mind.
Remember to keep the color scheme cohesive and the patterns in different scales. Don’t be afraid to experiment and have fun with your layering!
Occasions for the Perfect Early Fall Look
Now that you have all the tips and tricks for nailing the early fall style with plaid blazers and layers, it’s time to plan out your outfits for the various occasions where this look will truly shine. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Casual outings: Whether you’re running errands or going for a stroll in the park, a plaid blazer adds a touch of sophistication to any casual outfit. Throw on a vest over your shirt and layer it with a plaid blazer and a pair of loafers for a relaxed yet put-together look.
- Outdoor events: Fall is the perfect time for outdoor events like apple picking or wine tasting. Try pairing it with a basic tee, distressed jeans, and sneakers for an effortlessly cool look.
- Date Night: Impress your significant other with a sophisticated yet comfortable outfit. Pair a plaid blazer with a dress shirt, chinos, and leather shoes. Add a scarf to stay warm when you step out.
- Casual Friday: Switch up your usual office attire by swapping your regular blazer for a plaid one. Pair it with a light sweater or dress shirt, dress jeans, and oxford shoes. Don’t forget a sleek leather bag to carry all your work essentials.
No matter the occasion, a plaid blazer paired with layers will always elevate your style game. Experiment with different textures, colors, and patterns to make the look your own.
Personalized Stylist Recommendations
You can create a look that fits perfectly and reflects your own personal style with the assistance of our expert stylists. Experience the ultimate in personalized styling and contact us to find out how we can help you create a personalized look that’s tailored to you in every way.