Cashmere is a soft, warm, and elegant material, which is made from the undercoat of Kashmir goats. These goats live mainly in China, Mongolia, Nepal, and India. However, other countries, such as Australia and Wales also breed these animals for cashmere production.
The special yarn made from these goats has impressive insulating properties. It keeps you warm while you are outdoors but doesn’t make you uncomfortable when you are indoors.
Original cashmere is a luxury material. To make one sweater, you need two goats to grow their coats all winter long. To meet the demand without increasing the price some manufacturers make winter clothing out of lower-grade cashmere. Understanding the difference between quality levels can help you choose the best garment this winter.
Top Cashmere Garments This Winter
The impressive insulating properties of cashmere make it nearly irreplaceable during cold winter months. They help you stay warm without putting on multiple layers of clothing.
Cashmere sweaters are a staple in winter wardrobes thanks to their softness, elegance, and warmth. Some popular styles include:
- Quarter zip sweaters – quarter zip sweaters are great layer pieces. They look great with a shirt or a blouse.
- Turtleneck sweaters – the turtleneck provides extra coziness and warmth, making it perfect for colder winter months. These sweaters can be paired with jeans, skirts, or trousers for a chic winter look.
Consider paying special attention to cardigans. Cashmere cardigans offer a relaxed fit while keeping you warm and comfortable all winter long.
Cashmere coats are popular for their luxurious appearance and exceptional warmth. They are one of the most popular investment pieces in the winter. The common types include:
- Wrap coats – these coats feature a belted closure and a draped front to create a sophisticated look. They are versatile enough to be worn for both formal and casual occasions.
- Trench Coats – these coats combine the timeless style of a trench coat with the luxurious feel of cashmere. They add a touch of refinement to any winter ensemble.
Pay special attention to sweater coats. They combine the comfort of a sweater with the warmth and versatility of outwear.
How to Care for Cashmere Winterwear
Luxury material requires a careful approach to maintenance. These tips can help you keep your investment piece in top shape during the cold season:
- Wear sparingly – since cashmere is a delicate fabric, consider rotating your sweaters and coats to prevent overuse and minimize pilling
- Limit contact with accessories – be careful when wearing accessories with sharp edges that can snag the fabric
- Avoid direct contact with skincare products – be mindful when applying lotions, oils, or perfumes. Some of these products may stain or damage the delicate fibers
- Follow the care instructions – always check the care label for cleaning instructions. Each brand may have its own set of recommendations
- Hand wash or use a gentle cycle – in most cases, cleaning the garment involves handwashing it or using a delicate machine cycle. Always use cold water and a detergent for delicate fabrics
- Be gentle – when hand washing, don’t twist and wring the garment forcefully. Otherwise, you could stretch or damage the fibers
- Flat dry – after washing, reshape your garments and lay them flat on a dry towel for air drying. Hanging cashmere clothing could cause them to stretch
When the winter ends, fold your garments neatly and store them in a cool, dry place. Protect your garments from moths by storing them in sealed bags.
How to Choose a Cashmere Winter Garment Online
With manufacturers using different grades of cashmere to create winterwear, you need to be careful when choosing it online. To make sure you are getting a top-quality product:
- Choose a reliable manufacturer – trustworthy manufacturers and retailers are always straightforward about the quality of the fabric.
- Ask a question – contact the online store to learn about the grade of a cashmere garment. Don’t hesitate to ask for a consultation. Reliable stores are always ready to provide it.
- Check the return policy – a straightforward and convenient return policy can give you peace of mind about returning the item you don’t like.
Since cashmere is a luxury material, you need to invest some time and effort into choosing it. The best way to ensure quality is to work with a reputable retailer.
At Family Britches, we have a stellar reputation for selling top-quality cashmere items. Our representatives are always ready to help you with your choice, talk about cashmere grades, and offer in-depth consultations. For more information about these items from our collections, please contact us at any time.